99 cupcakes

Cupcakes are a blank canvass that can be decorated any which way you choose. I think that is what attracts me to baking. The process of taking basically flour, butter,eggs and sugar and creating masterpiece.
Sometimes though, instead of elaborate decorations the simplest ideas are the ones that people like the best . This was true with my ice cream inspired cakes.
I came up with idea when I was practicing my icing skills and I thought they looked like the old style Mr. Whippy ice creams that I loved as a child so much. Getting a flake in one was a real treat, and just like cupcake I had to make them look like a special treat, just like from my childhood.
The cupcakes themselves were a basic cupcake recipe but I made the butter cream frosting with a touch of good quality vanilla extract. Topped with chocolate sprinkles and of course a chunk of crumbly chocolate they really looked the part.
Just like an ice cream van on a sunny afternoon, people were queueing to try my creations and everyone said that they were a fantastic idea. Maybe next time I will even top them with a little Raspberry sauce for that extra authenticity.

Comments

Rico said…
Look delicious those fairy cakes, I would have one right now.

Tried and Tested Recipes