Guide Dogs For The Blind Cupcakes

I was recently asked if I would bake some cupcakes for a charity bake sale. The charity in question was guide dogs for the blind which is a superb charity that does a lot of great and life changing work, so how could I say no.

My mind went into overdrive with ideas and immediately I started to pen them down. After a while I managed to thin the ideas down to four specific designs, Dog biscuits, doggie faces, paw prints and dog bowls with kibble.


The dog biscuits are simple gingerbread biscuits cut into the shape of dog bones. I did this by hand as I couldn't find a bone cutter in time, but in future I will buy a cutter as it was a little tricky. They were placed on a vanilla butter cream along with a few chocolate sprinkles.

The doggie faces are made using chocolate butter cream icing and a small star shaped piping nozzle. The eyes and tongue are chocolate buttons and a chocolate chip nose to finish.






The paw print cupcakes were the easiest ones to make and a lemon butter cream with 3 small chocolate buttons and one large button used to form a paw print.



Finally are the dog bowls, which were pink strawberry flavoured butter cream icing, piped in a ring and filled with dark and white chocolate chips.

Needless to say all the cakes sold out in record time and quite a lot of money was raised for charity.

Comments