Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday cake

This not really a blog but more of a chance to show off my handy work.
I recently made this for my niece who was 3 years old and her favourite TV show is Yo Gabba Gabba.
It was a basic sponge cake which I flavoured with lemon. The icing and decorations are sugar paste which I bought from a local cake supply shop.
She absolutely loved the cake and the adults couldn't get enough of it.
Working with sugar paste is not easy. You think that it would be the same as using Play-Doh but it it is completely different. You don't anticipate it stating to melt in your hands, so I advise that you have cold hands and the ability to work quite fast.
Maybe with a little more practice I will get better, but for a first attempt I was quite chuffed with myself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's amazing! What a fab Uncle, making that for your neice :)